Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Refashioned Halloween



Halloween turned out to be a busy season.  Costumes, costumes, costumes and face painting galore.  Three parties, and a bunch of happy little pumpkins.  It was a whirlwind amazing time, but...  I am tired.  

I had the best intentions of posting some tutorials, but all I have to offer are some random before and after photos.  Enjoy.



I found this button up at a local thrift store for $3. I turned it around and made a sleeveless tunic.  I then painted a pop art design with fabric markers.


Front.


Back.


The whole family.



A little robot.  I stitched on felt to a refashioned mens t-shirt and made the mask and head piece out of felt. The buttons were covered with aluminum foil.

***

A friend's daughter brought over her old costumes.




And I refashioned her a mermaid costume.  What a cutie!


We also dressed up for a Dias de los Muertos party.  I love sugar skulls.










1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! really impressed with your original and genuine way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!