Thursday, September 4, 2014

Snorkeling, Curtains, and Apps







Labor Day weekend at the beach.  My little one learned how to snorkel, making his dad very proud.  He really wants to be a scuba diver, so I guess he's on his way.  

I also spent part of the weekend playing around with some new photo apps.  A friend gave me an app gift card, and I  went a little crazy.  Some of my favorites are Paper Camera, which turns your photos into sketched or painted prints, Path On, described as "swipe to type" and allows you to add text to photos in unique ways, and PicLab, a great tool for adding art and font to your photos.

A while back I made new curtains for my guest/sewing room, using some fabric that a friend gave me.  I decided to blog a brief tutorial, testing out PicLab.  I have to admit that the font is a bit hard to read, but I'm learning.

Here's what my"curtains" looked like before.

Made in the U.S.A.



Cut into two equal pieces.

Turn over about 4 and 1/2 inches.

Sew a hem at the bottom and sides.

Turn the first hem and sew.

Stitch about a 1/2 inch hem from the bottom.

Sew half way between the top turned edge and the bottom stitch.

For the bottom, I sewed a small hem along the bottom edge and then turned it up about 5 inches and stitched, creating a larger hem.






1 comment:

  1. Those curtains look great Trish! And is that a surfboard I see in the corner?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!